After two months of closure, Prairie Renaissance Cultural Alliance is announcing its reopening. While we somberly acknowledge the pandemic is not over, the board of directors has decided to implement a COVID-19 Safety Plan so we can safely reopen with limited hours (Thurs.-Sat. 10 am to 2 pm.), in hopes of returning to earning revenue.
Our safety plans, which you’ll find below, will emphasize stricter cleaning policies and social distancing measures for our volunteers and customers. While we will not be hosting any in-person events, keep an eye out in the future as we look into taking our organization digital–like virtual exhibitions and online sales!
As things shift, we will keep you updated. Once again, we are so incredibly grateful and honored by your support of the arts. Please stay safe and be well! We appreciate your support and cooperation as we navigate this new landscape together.
Prairie Renaissance Cultural Alliance
COVID-19 Safety Plan 2020
The Prairie Renaissance Cultural Alliance & Prairie Arts and Gifts is working to help keep our volunteers and shoppers safe. The new safety procedures include:
- Taking in new artwork by appointment only. This will allow time for staff and volunteers to safely process new additions. Cloth/canvas will be stored for 72 hours prior to being placed on the sales floor. Hard surface donations will be sanitized (if possible) before going on display on the sales floor. Artwork cannot be accepted without an appointment.
- Increasing cleaning and sanitization, with extra attention to high-touch surfaces such as register area, door handles, display counters and tables, etc.
- Providing a plexiglass barrier at the check-out area to enhance safety of staff/volunteer and customer.
- Providing hand sanitizer at each entrance and exit as well as on the checkout table for staff, volunteers, donors, shoppers and customer use.
- Providing soap in bathroom for staff and volunteers and requiring them to wash their hands for 20 seconds at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Requesting face coverings be worn by our staff and volunteers when they are interacting directly with customers.
- Ensuring social distancing of six feet or more and limiting the number of people in stores to no more than 10 shoppers at any time.
- Altering hours of operation to allow for additional cleaning and artwork processing time.
- No in person events, such as classes or exhibitions.